[Sca-cooks] Re: OOP -- need recipe for dipping sauce

Louise Smithson smithson at mco.edu
Wed Jan 16 11:41:11 PST 2002

I lived with a chinese lady a while back and her dipping sauce was
soy sauce
Shaoxing vinegar (a dark chinese/sweet vinegar)
A dash or so of dark sesame oil
shredded ginger
finely chopped scallions.
Mix to taste and serve (sorry I can't be more accurate than that, but I make it by add some taste, adjust, taste, adjust)
Of course if you like it hot you can add chilli oil as well as sesame oil, or some dried chillies
Helewyse de Birkestad

Cait wrote,
I just got a low-fat recipe for "fried dumplings" like those served at
Chinese restaurants.  But my favorite part of the dumpling experience is the
dipping sauce, and I don't know how to make that.  And since I'm confident
that, on this list, there is somebody with the answer to almost any
question... help?