[Sca-cooks] Re: Nasty flavors-

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 16 19:16:56 PST 2002

Well, even here in Manhattan there are back yards. Not many, and I've
never had one myself, but I've always known people who did. Live in
brownstones, usually, but many of the older apartment houses have back
yards.  Others have terraces, balconies, etc. I live surrounded by
gardens, but they are shared, and I can't personally plant anything in
them. Of course, I also don't have to weed and mow and water...

And that's just Manhattan. There are four more boroughs, each of which
is a whole county. There are many apartment buildings in them, but they
also all have lots of houses. My brother lives in a two family house in
Brooklyn, where his landlord has a yard. (He's a block from the
ocean...) I know plenty of people in the city who live in single or two
family houses with back yards. And gardens, in which some grow
vegetables...

Anne of the greatly varied city