[Sca-cooks] Bay Leaves

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jan 17 05:26:13 PST 2002

XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com wrote:

 > In a message dated 1/16/02 10:18:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
 >  writes:
 >
 > << That's not a garnish.  That's flavoring.
 >
 > Bear
 >

 >> Narf! Margali, what about Cato's recipe for must cakes? Doesn't
 >> that involve baking the cakes _on_ bay leaves?
 >>

 >> Adamantius, of the Silver Salad >>
 >
 > Yeah, I do agree with the flavoring part since it would be unhealthy
 >  to serve bay leaves to some people who do not know what bay leaves
 >  look like or what pleasant *effects* they may have when you eat
 > them. If I am correct, eating a bay leave can give you stomach
 > pains and probably the drips.
 >
 > Misha

I believe what Bear is talking about is the fact that, since the leaves
would be covered by the cake, and therefore invisible, or possibly even
removed after baking, they cannot be considered a garnish.

Adamantius, rapidly reaching the opinion that anything can give anybody
stomach pains at any time, and less alarmed by it all than he used to be...
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com