[Sca-cooks] Re: Arghhhh feast Service

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Jan 17 05:57:24 PST 2002

> I may be a little late in posing this question, but it sounds to me that the
> by the wording (shown below), the indevidual arranging service has people
> that are only willing to serve high table.  Am I mis interpreting the
> statement?

I'm fairly sure that the problem is not that people aren't willing to
serve other tables, but that the person in charge of serving has decided
that it takes one person per table to serve the tables. Since I've
routinely served three tables at a feast, there was some serious
disagreement!

We may have come to a solution, as there are a number of pages who are not
on-board because they didn't contact me, and we may be able to bribe the
more responsible of them to serve in the hall. Because the feast is sold
out, I can juggle the numbers _now_ so that we can pay for food for these
kids. [If I had had to budget to feed servers based on the normal
attendance when setting the costs, either the cost of the feast or the
event would have been higher, and my local group would have not been best
pleased.]

Now I just have to work out what we're feeding them-- we really need not
to be adding extra work to the kitchen staff and facilities at that point.
I've considered stromboli, barbeque, or something involving sausage that
can be done in a crockpot.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa