[Sca-cooks] Re:Cattails in NYC

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Thu Jan 17 09:17:38 PST 2002

Adamantius saith:

> I haven't been to Richmondtown in a _long_ time. It's about time to take
> my son there.
>
>    I remember there being a swamp with cattails on site, although I
> doubt they're significantly different from the ones in Queens, Brooklyn,
> Manhattan, or the Bronx.

Different accents. Cattails in the know can tell, for instance, a Brooklyn
cattail from a Bronx cattail within a sentence or two. The ones growing at
the eastern end of the Goethals Bridge are so Staten Island that they're
practically incapacitated.

Margaret, sauntering off to the Rock (but with no cattails)