[Sca-cooks] Re: Arghhhh feast Service

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 17 10:04:48 PST 2002

> So Master A recounts:   Finally he
> >   said something to the effect that it was unseemly for a noble to serve
> > (okay, he was a comparative newbie), and I lifted my laurel medallion
> > and told him, "What a noble does is, by definition, noble."
> >
> > Yeah, rather a generalization, perhaps, but how often, these days, does
> > one get to pass on a genuinely good lesson learned from Duke Aonghais?
>
> Lainie replied:
> Personally knowing two of his former squires as well as other household
> members, I can tell you that this is the kind of lesson that was learned
> well and passed on often. And a good lesson it is!

The Legion of Recovering Aonghais' Squires, ah yes, an august group which
includes my lord husband.  Get him to tell you the Tale of his resignation
some time, preferable on the outside of several horns of mead.  On the other
paw, Aonghais was not stupid [intelligence and wisdom being entirely separate
dice rolls!] and had several good lessons to teach.

Meanwhile, back at the topic, these 11 sky-nosed snipes need to be taught a
lesson in humility, a frequently-cited yet seldom-seen quality of nobility.
May I suggest you let them serve the "common" tables and get the best servers
you can under the age of 17 to serve head table.  The "cute" factor will
overcome any minor gaffes they might make, and they will be dazzled and
grateful!  Just a suggestion.

Selene, Caid