[Sca-cooks] catering peerage meetings.

Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au
Thu Jan 17 16:19:26 PST 2002

I am led to believe that I am actually responsible for Lochac's tradition that the baby Pel has to bring food to their first Pelicans meeting.

At the time of my first Pel meeting (at a Rowany festival) I was running "the Kebabbery", cooking around 25 kilos of kebabs a day.  It just seemed logical to bring a platter of kebabs to the meeting, but thus a tradition was born.  At the moment we are trying to convince the baby Pels that they are supposed to bring food to every meeting till a newer Pelican is there. <grin> No success so far.

The baby Knight in Lochac is supposed to bring the beer, and the baby Laurel, chocolate. I reckon we Pels do best, with platters of cheeses, fresh rolls and antipasto, and at the last meeting fresh pastries making our meetings a far more pleasant event.

Kiriel