[Sca-cooks] Birthday menu

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Thu Jan 17 16:24:02 PST 2002

Olwen gave the menu for the upcoming Bright Hills Baronial Birthday
Feast and said:

> Day Board - Will need a server.
> Bread
> Cheese
> Roasted Garlic
> Dried Apples
> Apple & Onion Soup
> Cabbage & Sausage Casserole
> Water
> Sekunjabin

Sounds like a very nice dayboard for a large group. Filling, yet
simple with foods that are easy to make or maintain online for
awhile.

> Feast

> Casola de Carn (Lamb Casserole)

Recipe for this one, please. Lamb is usually fairly expensive
here. A casserole or pottage would spread it a bit further.

> Dessert
> Patina De Piris (Pear Soufflee)
> Chocolate Covered Strawberries (not period but *very good and popular)

Is the Pear Souffle period? I thought souffles were post-1600.
If they're not, more details or recipes please. I thought souffles
were difficult and tempermental to cook. Can they be done in
a wood fired beehive oven? I guess so, since they are older than
the 20th century, but...

Or is this "Patina De Piris" not the puffed up, fragile egg
dish that I thought souffles were?

Stefan li Rous