[Sca-cooks] Re: Backyards in NYC

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Jan 17 21:20:54 PST 2002

Anne replied to Olwen with:
> I didn't say we didn't have trees and birds, of course I saw that! And
> there was this bluejay who used to sit on the open window and swear at
> the cat...

Had a bluejay that started dive-bombing my cat in the backyard. The cat
very obviously was not happy about this. This went on for a number of
days. It looked like the bluejay was getting more daring. Then suddenly...
no bluejay. We did find some feathers though...

> > a shrew rustling in the leaves,
> No

Never seen one of those, myself. Although I've seen Armadillos and
Possums do exactly that.

> But we could play in the snow when it covered the grass.  And
> build forts where it was pushed up at the sidewalk. But snowball fights
> had to pause when people went into the building.

Snow? What's that? Oh yeah. That's the wet, slushy stuff which makes
a mess and ices up the roads. And makes wet, slushy snowballs or very
hard icy ones. But it only lasts a day or two, if that.

> > or skipped rocks on the pond?
> Sure I have! The lagoon in the Park!

I figured that might be the answer here.

> > Olden
>
> But, my turn...

touche'

> Anne