[Sca-cooks] Re: Backyards in NYC

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Jan 17 22:02:17 PST 2002

Stefan li Rous wrote:

 >>> or skipped rocks on the pond?
 >>>
 >> Sure I have! The lagoon in the Park!
 >>

 > I figured that might be the answer here.

Stefan, what, exactly, is the source of your evident obsession with
Central Park as the extremely erroneously attributed home of all that is
not made of concrete and steel in New York? We've just spent a day and a
half trying to explain to you that Central Park is _not_ the only place
where there are animals, plants, including cattails, open water, etc.,
but all you seem to be hearing and allowing to register, are the words
"Central Park", over and over again. Even people who have never lived
here, but have visited, as well as people who used to live here, but
currently do not, have conceded that a simultaneously dirty but
antiseptic New York is a myth (and mighty sporting of them to support
the views of two more or less lifelong residents on this point).

I'm trying to figure where the fun enters in this equation. Perhaps,
what with recent events, I've lost my sense of humor where my home is
concerned...

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy