[Sca-cooks] Be Nice to Adamantius- was Re: Backyards in NYC

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 07:45:01 PST 2002

--- Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to figure where the fun enters in this
> equation. Perhaps,
> what with recent events, I've lost my sense of humor
> where my home is
> concerned...
>
> Adamantius

OK, folks, it's time to back off and apologize.

I am sorry, Adamantius. I do know how much you love
your home, and my joking about NYC and city folks has
always been intended as friendly chaffing, never as
dissing your home or you for living in it. NYC has a
number of good qualities, although I could never live
there- I've lived in cities, and bottom line, there
are just too damned many people in them, but for
someone who enjoys that and the other city advantages,
it's fine.

I started the cattail thing as what was intended as a
minor distraction for Adamantius while he was dealing
with some very real difficulties at the time. My
intent, again, was to gig him about a very minor brain
fart, not disrespect his home, and it's become more
than that. Again, I apologize.

Folks, please back off on Adamantius. The "joking" has
gotten to the point where you are actually angering
and hurting him, and I don't think that's what any of
us intend. I certainly don't, because for all he's an
UUY, he's much more, my loved and trusted friend.

I'm sorry for my part in this, A. And I do love you
;-)

Phlip