[Sca-cooks] Re: Backyards in NYC

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 18 07:20:40 PST 2002

Typical?  I think the only thing typical about my childhood is that I had
one!

Midway has since been taken over by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife and is a
wildlife refuge now.  People who like diving and scuba and, of course,
birds, take "paridise vacations" there.  I believe most of the old buildings
have been taken down and IIRC the Offices Quarters have been turned into the
space for visitors.  The waters there are beautiful.  I see a lot of
National Geographic specials taken from there.  The gooney birds are huge
and mean.

Olwen.  So.  You guys _sure_ no one got the packet yet???