[Sca-cooks] Re: Arghhhh feast Service

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Jan 18 07:58:36 PST 2002

> Let's not be too hasty here. Those 11 may have simply volunteered to
> help serve the feast. We don't know that only serving the headtable
> was their idea. It could simply be the idea of the head server.
> Even that assumption might be wrong or his intentions not be what
> they seem.

We had originally talked about doing something simple and cool for high
table, which may be where the confusion came in. He also tells me (now)
that he's expecting that probably 30% of the people who volunteered won't
show.  Well, they're HIS friends, after all. If he thinks 30% of his 11
volunteers won't show, that would be the problem all right.  He apparently
set this up as a chivalric/squire exercise, and I'm thinking of it as
feast service. Culture conflict.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa