[Sca-cooks] Re: Backyards in NYC

Ted Eisenstein Alban at socket.net
Fri Jan 18 10:31:21 PST 2002

>The Hudson? I agree, rapidly flowing tidal rivers aren't conducive to
>rock skipping, which is the reason I didn't quote them.
Not being around a rapidly flowing river, tidal or otherwise (there's
a good reason why the Mississippi is called the Big Muddy, too thick
to drink and too thin to plow), I wonder: wouldn't it be easier to
skip rocks on one? You've got this large amount of water flowing toward
you, after all, and using it to skip rocks would be like why pilots prefer
to take off into the wind - the extra speed of the water would help,
wouldn't it?

So, what am I missing here?

Alban