[Sca-cooks] Foods of All Nations (was: Atlantia's Art's & Science's benny)

Rosine rosine at sybercom.net
Sat Jan 19 09:45:03 PST 2002

> They got a web site?!?

   Unfortunately, not that I can find. I did call the main store and talk to
the manager, who told me that he'd be happy to mail any supplies that I
needed. Their number is 434-296-6131, and FAX 296-4788. I was planning on
visiting the store and getting an idea of what they stocked that I'd want on
a recurring basis, and then jotting down price and such so I could place a
phone order. This is the store with the powdered vanilla, and the
almond.walnut, hazelnut pastes, as well as three different brands of
marzipan (not that anyone on *this* list would buy ready-made! Right?)

*sigh*  mail-order food purchasing. Weird. But they have such _yummy_ stuff
that I'm willing to undergo the hassle.

I understand that some folks do have store like this in their areas - wasn't
there a Smithsonian article about one a little while ago? Somewhere in the
midwest? I felt a pang of envy when I read about it.

Rosine