[Sca-cooks] food as art

Peters, Rise J. rise.peters at spiegelmcd.com
Tue Jan 22 08:29:04 PST 2002

I had a friend in grad school ask me for "a home cooked meal" once.  So I
treated him to slow-cooked porkchops in gravy, home-fried potatos, and
southern style green beans.  He looked at the plate and then at me and said
"It's all brown."

It had never occured to me that food should be any color other than brown,
before that...