[Sca-cooks] crunch

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 23 19:57:27 PST 2002

Well, both and/or either... I've seen places that, in the interest of
convenience, prepared fried food in advance, and then  microwaved it.
Soggy mess...  Even worse than a steam table. Crunch isn't the only
texture that matters, just one of the easier examples. Rice can get
mushy, custards can separate... And it isn't even that one texture is
"good" and another is "bad." More that you need the right one for the
food in question.

Anne