[Sca-cooks] Andalusian feast

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Jan 25 06:12:18 PST 2002

>  a) getting 3 courses out of the kitchen in 2 hours and still allowing everyone time to enjoy the food is supposed to be impossible

This can be done but:

>  c) the event is really centered around the feast - there's no fighting
>or anything, so we don't want the feast to be rushed.  It's really the
>focal point of the evening, and we want to use it not simply to feed
>people, but also to supply some ambience.  It should be relaxed and
>luxurious, but still satisfy peoples' appetites.

This is the important point. If there is not anything else going on but
the feast, you can start the feast earlier and let it run longer than if
it's only a part of the event.  You could do it 'thanksgiving-dinner'
style with a two hour feast followed by a long period of noshing on
leftovers (steam trays or chafing dishes would help with this), but it may
be better to simply time the removes to have time for people to get up,
stretch, and go out to smoke, etc. if necessary.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa