[Sca-cooks] Festival of the Rose: Menu

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 25 13:00:08 PST 2002

>Actually, the cold tray is of pickled cucumbers,
>pickled mushrooms, pickled beets, pickled eggs,
>pickled asparagus, picked carrots and artichoke
>hearts.  All are being made by us, with the exception
>of the artichoke hearts.  Those with be purchased.
>All of the "pickles" are from different period
>recipes, with the exception of the eggs, which I
>decided to do with the beets, even though I haven't
>found documentation concerning pickled eggs.

Perhaps you can consider making the hundred year eggs.  They are pickled,
attractive and period to Chinese history anyway.

>And since this is Caid, our
>people tend to have a more cosmopolitan palate than
>some other more "red-neck" kingdoms.  Remember, real
>Caidans eat brie and quiche. :-)

Red-neck Kingdoms?  Very funny.  Everyone here in our area eats more brie
than anything cuz we get it so cheaply.  And Ember Day tarts too.  Oh, and
savory toasted cheese (duh~that would be a brie thing again).
Olwen