[Sca-cooks] Festival of the Rose: Menu

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at home.com
Fri Jan 25 14:57:42 PST 2002

At 02:39 PM 1/25/02,Huette von Ahrens said something like:
>Define attractive.  I have seen some of my Chinese
>co-workers eat hundred year eggs.  I was hoping that
>one would offer me a taste, but alas they didn't.
>However, I do have reservations about putting charcoal
>grey eggs in front of unprepared European-Americans.
>
>Huette

Gah, I wouldn't want to eat a grey egg either.. Mine have always come out
marbled brown. Unless I"m thinking of something entirely different, it is a
cracked up boiled egg that is then soaked in a soy/spice/tea mixture for a
few hours, resulting in the coloring to the egg.

Are we thinking of two different dishes???

Maggie MacD.