[Sca-cooks] serving schedule

Jim and Andi icbhod at home.com
Sat Jan 26 13:04:09 PST 2002

I agree that this arrangement for serving would be beyond any kitchen used
by the SCA around here, and probably beyond me personally. But wasn't that
closer to the medieval European way of serving?

I've always wanted to do a true medieval Arabic feast served in the
traditional manner... all the food served at once on common trays, on
carpets on the floor. The people just eat straight off of whatever trays
look yummy. With their fingers, of course! I realize of course that this is
pretty much unrealistic for a feast....

Madhavi