[Sca-cooks] serving schedule

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 31 10:00:49 PST 2002

Jim and Andi wrote:

> I've always wanted to do a true medieval Arabic feast served in the
> traditional manner... all the food served at once on common trays, on
> carpets on the floor. The people just eat straight off of whatever trays
> look yummy. With their fingers, of course! I realize of course that this is
> pretty much unrealistic for a feast....
>
> Madhavi

I did that for a luncheon once.  Outdoors, on picnic blankets, about 20 people
total.  I had come into two cases of Rice-A-Roni the year Jared and I were on
"Jeopardy" [1986, we both lost, didn't even get a lousy copy of the home game]
and found a way to use up the dreadful stuff, as a pilaf-type base for the
central platters.  Yay!

Selene, Caid