[Sca-cooks] Festival of the Rose: Menu

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 26 19:34:50 PST 2002

On 26 Jan 2002, at 10:56, johnna holloway wrote:

> The recipe supposively comes from the 1697
> Massialot work Nouvelle Instructions...
> As Aresty fails to cite the original, it's
> rather hard to judge what she terms as "an
> adaptation of his Pears Flambees." See page
> 97.

There is a digitized copy of the 1716 edition of "Nouvelle
Instructions..." at the Fons Grewe website.
http://www.bib.ub.es/grewe/showbook.pl?gw036
It's in French, of course.  I have skimmed through the chapter on
pears, and the chapter on fruit in eau-de-vie, and I have not found a
recipe for Pear Flambees.  OTOH, my French is rusty, and there
are a lot of other chapters I did not look at.

Robin Carroll-Mann
rcmann4 at earthlink.net
"Mostly Harmless" -- Douglas Adams