[Sca-cooks] payn perdu --Iasmin's list

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Jan 26 21:41:06 PST 2002

Chimene said:
> on 11/13/01 9:25 AM, Gaylin Walli at iasmin at home.com wrote:
> > Good afternoon. I recently asked a semi-local cooking friend (hi
> > Ginny!) for help finding recipes for Payn Perdu that I might have
> > missed. In December I am teaching a class on basic recipe redaction
> > at the MK Starleaf Gate Cook's Symposium in Windsor, ONT and I am
> > using Payn Perdu as the example recipe.
> >
> > I'd like to include as many versions of the recipe or near-like ones
> > as I can from a variety of cultures through the "ages." I was hoping
> > the cooks here could help look over my current list comment on and
> > point out, perhaps even supply the text and bib info for, any recipes
> > I might be missing.
> >
> > Here is my current list:
> >
> > Payn Fondew (English c. 1390) from Forme of Cury
> <snip>
> > Iasmin
>
> Hey Stefan,  see what was sitting just below Anahita's thread?  if you
> haven't already gotten a copy, and if my ISP is working yet!

Thank you, Chimene! With the info you gave I was able to go back in
the digests I've saved and find this. I like to have the full header,
so credit goes to the right person, so I went back to get this. I think
I had been hoping to get more Iasmin's research when it was further
along, so didn't immediately save this for the files. Then I never got
around to re-reading that particular digest. However, it will
now get added to the French-Bread-msg file the next time I update it.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net