[Sca-cooks] Test drive for Festival of the Rose

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jan 27 07:45:50 PST 2002

I think I will probably make the bread sun a bit more fancier than I did it
this time and use a bit more water to smooth out the attachments I made
(unless someone on the cooks list has a better suggestion).

For rye you will probably need to use the water.  On wheat breads, using
water may thicken the crust and make things look lopsided.

Tomorrow I will be trying out a flat bread recipe and in the next day or so,
I will be trying out the pastry wheat flour I found at Whole Foods...they
had a pie crust recipe that looked like it would work well!  Yeay!  Always
good to avoid the Queen's dislike for white flour. :)

--Arte

My experience with whole wheat pastry flour is that it isn't quite as fine
as the name suggests.  The pie crust may not be as flaky as one would like.
It works reasonably well in bread-like pastries.  I haven't tried it in puff
pastry.

Bear