[Sca-cooks] Test drive for Festival of the Rose

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 28 10:37:35 PST 2002

>I did some test tries of two dishes I plan on making for her Majesty
>Catalina next Saturday.  Took pictures of the end product, so I thought I
>would share them and see what you all think presentation wise.
>
>http://communities.msn.com/ArteStuff/shoebox.msnw?Page==Last
>
>Hopefully this link works.
>
>I think I will probably make the bread sun a bit more fancier than I did it
>this time and use a bit more water to smooth out the attachments I made
>(unless someone on the cooks list has a better suggestion).
>--Arte

Whoopie!  Someone took PICTURES!  I love you Arte!  The sun is just great.
What a fun face.  The pork dish looked wonderful.  Did you add colouring to
make it appear more yellowish or was that just a delightful happenstance?  I
like the rose buns idea, did you think of that?  They were kinda cute.  How
did you make them, roll out the dough, cut into strips and make slits
between the 'petals' then roll them up and pinch the bottoms?  What fun!
Olwen