[Sca-cooks] Andalusian feast

Mark Calderwood mark-c at acay.com.au
Sun Jan 27 18:19:29 PST 2002

At 16:56 27/01/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Is this a past event? Or one coming up? I assume the former since it
>says "12th Night". If so, can I get the feast menu and perhaps
>recipes. and if this has already happened a review on how it went,
>what you might change next time? I'd like to add this to the
>FEASTS section as a stand-alone article.

This feast was originally planned for Twelfth Night just gone, as the
Investiture banquet for TRH Gawyne & Yve, and HRM Portia. Unfortunately
with the bushfire crisis, it was unable to go ahead as planned seeing as
both the site and my home were in critical areas. As much as I didn't like
having to cancel the feast, I would have liked leaving my home undefended
and vulnerable while away cooking a feast even less.

However, I plan to hold this feast later in the year; most likely August as
the traditional Manzikert memorial feast and probably slightly smaller,
capped at 50 or so. I can send the menu etc if you still want it, and I'd
be happy for you to add it to the Florilegium. Glad to see all my research
won't go to waste after all...

Giles