[Sca-cooks] Andalusian feast

david friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Sun Jan 27 22:57:35 PST 2002

I wrote:

>  >You don't say how many cooks you have, how many
>  >burners, or any of that stuff.
>
>Six burners, a smallish oven, and an undecided number of cooks.
>Vittoria

As you have probably figured out already, if the burners are on a
standard kitchen style stove and you are using the sort of big pots
that one often needs for a feast, you may not be able to use all of
them because there isn't room. For the Islamic feast we did recently,
one of the locals had a sort of giant Coleman stove on legs (I think
called a camp chef--there was some discussion of it on the list a
while back) which provided an additional two burners, suited for
large pots.
--
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/