[Sca-cooks] Re:Andalusian feast But Not foodie Stuff!!!

kattratt kattratt at charter.net
Mon Jan 28 13:03:57 PST 2002

Now this is going to be a long snip.... but I found one I can help
with....

phoenissa at netscape.net wrote:

> So, I came back after the weekend and found my mailbox full of messages about the feast...I'm replying in one long message, rather than sending several separate ones. > >Have you given much thought to the decoration/ambience of the feasting
> >hall? Things like wall hangings, tiraz curtains, music?
>
> Yes, but we don't know how much they'll let us do.  Apparently the site prohibits wall hangings :(  We'll negotiate with them, but basically we have to work around their rules.  (We're doing the event on campus, so we have a lot of red tape to deal with.)

Now In this light I can help!!!!!
I have dedalt with this little problem once by choice and a second time
as part of the "concept" I was shooting for...
If you can look at the ceiling!  If it is a "Drop Ceiling" Ie "Panels"
(Yes I can send a picture if that is not clear) If it is indeed a "Drop
Ceiling" as I suspect, (it being in a school) I have a simple suggestion
for "Wall Hangings".  Get some Ceiling hooks (Found at the local
hardware store in the "Drop Ceiling" area.)  This is the simplest
solution as the generally objection to wall hangings is putting holes in
the wall.  Now if this is not the type of ceiling that you are looking
at...
Poles held up by either flag bases or Christmas Tree Stands work well as
places to Stick tacks or nails and thus hold wall hangings.  (Supply
your own poles)
Trust me on this though... once you have made free flying wall hangings
in a place and not damaged those walls or ceilings!! the folks remember
you and how willing you were to work with them rather than trying to cut
the red tape.  This makes reusing the site ten times easier next time.
IF I can be of any assistance via email please let me know.  I pride
myself on being able to work with troublesome rules and still have a
magical hall.
Nichola