[Sca-cooks] Festival of the Rose: Menu

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 28 06:21:28 PST 2002

>At 02:39 PM 1/25/02,Huette von Ahrens said something like:
>>Define attractive.  I have seen some of my Chinese
>>co-workers eat hundred year eggs.  I was hoping that
>>one would offer me a taste, but alas they didn't.
>>However, I do have reservations about putting charcoal
>>grey eggs in front of unprepared European-Americans.
>>
>>Huette
>
>Gah, I wouldn't want to eat a grey egg either.. Mine have always come out
>marbled brown. Unless I"m thinking of something entirely different, it is a
>cracked up boiled egg that is then soaked in a soy/spice/tea mixture for a
>few hours, resulting in the coloring to the egg.
>
>Are we thinking of two different dishes???
>
>Maggie MacD.

Actually they are two different things.  I don't have my book here at work
with me so I can't give exact recipes but I was actually talking about the
tea eggs which I think are called hundred year eggs and the others are 1,000
year eggs.  Of course, we have to remember that it is (::me::) talking and
my mind is quiet seive-like...can anyone say "the 60's"??
Olwen who knows they happened...just not much else..