[Sca-cooks] Cinnamon

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 28 08:30:27 PST 2002

>>Next question: Why does every modern recipe that has apples in it have
>>cinnamon in it?
>
>You mean the ones that don't call for cloves and ginger? ;-) One
>reason is, of course, the nummers factor...

It is NOT nummy with fruit all the time. Ugh. I think cinnamon goes
better in meat, but that's just my Near Eastern orientation, really,
mundanely i think the same way. I'm frickin' sick of cinnamon with
apples all the time.

And i'm sick and tired of bananas in every frickin' smoothie. I know
they're in there because they're cheaper than most of the other
fruits, and they make it thicker, but i always ask them to leave it
out, if i'm getting a fresh made smoothie and i won't buy the bottled
fresh fruit drinks (made by folks like Odwalla and Naked Juice) that
have banana in them. I don't *mind* bananas, but their flavor
overpowers delicate fruits like peaches and berries and those are the
fruits i'd rather taste. I like Ben & Jerry's "Chunky Monkey" ice
cream - it is undisguised banana, not banana sneaking up behind and
wrestling to the ground some other fruit.

Anahita
There's snow in them thar hills. Yes, folks, it SNOWED all around the
San Francisco Bay Area last night - snow in the Berkeley hills, snow
in the Wine Country, snow in Marin county, snow near Monterey (ok, so
that's not really the Bay Area, but it isn't too far away, and it's
*south*), snow on Mount Diablo, snow on Mount Tamalpais...