[Sca-cooks] NEW BOOK

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Jan 28 10:12:20 PST 2002

>I just received my History Book club catalog for February. There is a New
>Book that goes into the History of Salt. It is Called SALT a World History
>the Author is Mark Kurlansky. This is same author who wrote Cod, The Basque
>history of the world.  If Anyone has seen or read this any Kurlansky books I
>would like to know how he reads.

The cod book, more properly titled, I think, "Cod: A Natural History
of the Fish That Changed the World," is an enjoyable and informative
read. Some of Kurlansky's reasoning is a little hard to follow, but
this may be because he has introduced some spiritual-role analysis as
well as the more practical stuff. Overall, though, very informative
without being stuffy.

Adamantius