[Sca-cooks] Appropriate rice type for 15C Neapolitan

a5foil a5foil at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jan 28 13:19:27 PST 2002

For that time period, I suggest a short- to medium-grain rice. This would be
similar to what was being grown along the Po River (Italy) and the Ebro
River (Spain) - two of your major sources for rice. The rice I use for the
Catalan version of the dish you are making is offered by Lundberg, and
available in bulk from the local supermarket at 99 cents per pound. It is an
short-grain brown rice. Excellent nutty flavor. Creamy texture in this dish.
Also makes an excellent risotto or paella.

Regards,
Thomas Longshanks