[Sca-cooks] Playing with my food again- OOP

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 19:58:21 PST 2002

--- Seton1355 at aol.com wrote:
> --
> Sounds good.  The jar of fruit did not get mushy?
> It's been my sad experience
> that if I use jarred or tinned fruit (anything
> that's been processes) if I
> cook it for any length of time it turns into mush
> :(

No, and I'm not sure why on the mango and papaya
(pineapple tends to hold its texture). I actually had
to cook the fruits a bit longer than I had originally
intended, in order to soften them to my prefferred
texture.

If you like, I'll try to find the brand name next time
she gets me some, but it might take a while- she got
it from the base commissary, and doesn't get over
there very often. I'd check the empty jar, but I
emptied the trash today, long before I posted this
evening ;-(

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,