[Sca-cooks] haggis, was (something else about puddings...)

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 08:37:11 PST 2002

--- Olwen the Odd <olwentheodd at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >--- lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:
> >
> > > Rock? Who needs a rock when you've got a haggis!
> >
> >You should have tried the haggis Badger made at
> >Pennsic, using the stomach and all the traditional
> >ingredients, including lungs, from the lamb we
> >butchered. It was a bit dry- we think there was a
> bit
> >too many oats, but it was VERY tastry. Definitely
> >something I'd try again.....
> >
> >Phlip
> >
> Phlip, which Badger are you speaking of?  Do you
> think this will be made
> agian?  If so, I hope I am invited!
> Olwen

Badger Bagbane, from Cleveland/Cleftlands- he's a
member of the Household next door to SPCA, though he
wasn't there last year.

This was made for the Cook's Potluck a couple of years
ago, so everyone who wanted some got some.

As far as doing it again, I don't know. As Pennsic
nears, I'm going to be talking more with Grandeloquent
Muiredach about his butchering class. I might do one
of my own, again. We shall see what we shall see.....

Incidently, folks, I've been talking with Orluk Oasis,
and they are willing that we use their Hafla tent for
next Pennsic's Cook's Potluck. I was thinking that
this might be a bit friendlier home for the Potluck
than an A&S tent, and it's right on the wagon route.

Anybody care to make any comments?

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,