[Sca-cooks] handwashing at feasts

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Jan 29 09:53:58 PST 2002

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net wrote:
> I can find no
> primary evidence for group handwashing stations... yet.

I have a picture, from a prose Tristan, early 14th c, Italia IIRC if you
are interested. it's the one I used  as my reasoning for the big tub
that looks like a kiddie pool- people were loned up in front of it with
a servant on one side of the big basin with a pitcher and anotehr with a
towel. on the other side of the picture was the high table with their
own troop of servants doing the washing thing.

Now to remember where where my copy is...

'Lainie