thanks [Sca-cooks] OOP Egyptian bread

Dana Huffman letrada at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 12:00:47 PST 2002

Thank you!  Yes, this link is very useful since it
describes exactly the bread I need for fatta: "3) Aash
Makamar "Dark Crisp Egyptian Pita Bread": The flour is a
mix of wheat flour and the wheat flour skin. It is the same
as the "Aash Balady" except it is baked longer, until it
become "Crisp Egyptian bread". It is used to make "Fatta"."

Together with the baladi recipe Bear sent (thanks, Bear), I
think I'm good to go.  Toasted whole wheat pita may be an
option too.

Cool, cool!

Dana/Ximena