[Sca-cooks] Food Safety while cooking

LadyPDC at aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Tue Jan 29 20:34:50 PST 2002

In a message dated 1/29/2002 9:26:02 PM Mountain Standard Time,
s.mont at verizon.net writes:

> >Are there any other key items that folks would pitch in?  Things you wish
> >you had known?
> >

> >=Êit
>
> --

Actually something I did know but have found kitchen help who didn't - how
long you can let food "sit" after cooking or off the heat before it becomes
unsafe.  This applies across to cold sauces as well.  I remember seeing a
mayonnaise type sauce (with eggs) that sat out too long and was almost served
before someone mentioned that it might not be safe.

Constance