[Sca-cooks] Food Safety

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 30 08:06:56 PST 2002

>Also, HOW to wash your hands,
>I've seen people look at me funny when I explain that
>wiping their hands dry on their apron after a quick
>rinse is not really a good idea....ewwwwwwwww.
>

>Alessandra

Although I am an 'apron wiper' for general quick washing (I worked for years
at a swimming pool), I also take seriously the importance of handwashing.
As you all know, I work in marzipan.  Marzipan is very fickle.  If there is
any hint of odor, dirt, colouration or _anything_ on your hands, gloves or
work surface it will *immediately* transfer to the marzipan.
Olwen