[Sca-cooks] Food Safety

Kim Schab madchefla at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 23:49:08 PST 2002

You are so my hero, Cait! I'm certified to teach
Foodservice Sanitation in California(so I'm an
obsessive germ freak to my friends, and I'm not
allowed to talk about it at dinner, but hey), and at
the next Collegium of the Desert I'm goint to give a
class entitles "How to give a Feast for 150 Without
Killing Anyone - Basic Food Safety for the SCA Cook".
LOL
So I am REALLY glad you are going to teach a food
safety class!
I'm including a list of meat cooking
temperatures...had a few to many feasts with
undercooked meat.  If I can get a good deal again I'm
also giving them instant-read (yeah right)
thermometers as well.  Also, HOW to wash your hands,
I've seen people look at me funny when I explain that
wiping their hands dry on their apron after a quick
rinse is not really a good idea....ewwwwwwwww.

Alessandra

=====
"Optimism is a force multiplier."  Colin Powell

Always remember, stressed is just desserts spelled backwards :)