[Sca-cooks] Duck bones, and other parts

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 31 08:20:39 PST 2002

>Gorgeous Muiredach said:
> > >Speaking of quacks, I just came back from the Maryland Hotel Supply Co
>with
> > >their product catalog.  It lists duck bones as one of the products.
> >
> > Duck bones are good to make duck stock.  Yummy stuff.
>
>Okay, newbie cook question. (from Stefan, naw. :-) )
>
>I thought the reason you used the duck bones (or chicken or beef
>for that matter) to make stock was the meat that was still
>remaining on the bones. I'm assuming these bones have already
>been cleaned of all meat or they wouldn't keep.
>
>So are you saying that if you just throw the bones in some water and
>boil them you will get some useable broth?
>
>Although, yes Phlip, I do remember you having me roast the lamb
>bones before (trying to) making broth from them. But there were
>meat threads and such still on those bones.
>
>--
>THLord Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra

Stefan, I have not seen the bones so I cann't answer your question
precisely.  I do suspect that there is still some clinging meat bits and
perhaps grissle.  I do plan on getting some of the duck bones in the future
and at that time I shall report back to the group if anyone is interested.
Olwen, preparing to make surprizes tonight...