[Sca-cooks] The rock

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Thu Jan 31 13:47:20 PST 2002

Misha commented:
> And a even longer way from the Barony of Caer Mear, Atlantia (Richmond, Va).
> Misha Grigor'ev at yer service! I am a professional in comic relief, fat
> jokes, and some period food. Have any Russian information to tell us of?

Well, I got an email last night from an individual *in* Russia. He
is in a re-enactment or re-creation type group there, not the SCA
although he did give both a real and a persona name.

He commented that he didn't think the Russian info in the Florilegium
was very complete, specifically mentioning the clothing files. However,
he did ask if he might help, even with his "poor" English. His English
was better than many native English writers I've seen.

I explained that I was limited by what showed up on the nets and
what authors sent me and that until a decade ago, much of the
info from that area was unavailable and or not available in
English.

Anyway, we shall see if he writes me back and whether something
productive can come from this. I specifically mentioned the Birch
bark writings that have been found which, as far as I've heard,
have never been translated into English. Maybe they are available
there in Russian.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net