[Sca-cooks] Drakey injures himself again!

Jones, Craig Craig.Jones at airservices.gov.au
Mon Jul 1 20:26:18 PDT 2002

On Sunday night I was finishing off a set of embroidered collars and
cuffs for a chemise for my consort.  And as you do, I ran out of silk
floss at midnight with 60-80 stiches to go.

So, lunchtime Monday, I dashed at lunchtime to Lincrafts (the local
haberdashery shop) for floss and then off to the park to embroider (work
might think I'm a sissy otherwise) and then to rush off to the post
office to post it.  I'm running to a deadline because Lochac's
Coronation is this weekend.

I was in the park, working furiously when about 6 stiches from the
finish I leaned over to inspect while still stitching and managed to get
the embroidery needle up my nose, piercing the septum.  As you can
imagine, that brought tears to my eyes (but little blood).

The lady opposite me (who was checking me out, so I was trying to stitch
as suavely as possible) had a fit of hysterics...  So, embroidery
needles are off my list of tools now...

What a day...

Drakey.

Ps.  My blowtorch is broken (don't ask) but the company has taken it
back as being defective :)