[Sca-cooks] Re: period fruit trees

Vincent Cuenca bootkiller at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 2 08:52:00 PDT 2002

>I suggest you look at my extensive paper on "Fruit of Period Times" online
>in
>Stefan's
>Florilegium.

Aha!  I knew I should have looked there first!  Bad cooking apprentice!  No
rosquillas for you! :-)
  If you are looking for
>versimilatude
>in a period  plotline, I suggest you read my paper several times and then
>dive
>headfirst
>into its biliography.

Actually, what I'm doing is tracking down things for this bedratted
confectioner's manual.  The work mentions small oranges, quinces, lemons,
peaches, apples and Genovese cherries, among other things.  I'd like to be
able to narrow down the varieties a bit.  I'm guessing they weren't growing
Bing cherries in Genoa in 1450, so what kind were they?  That's what I gotta
figure out.

Thanks, Akim!

To the Florilegium!

*whoosh*

Vicente

If you get into a jam, you can always eat something, blow something up or
throw penguins. --Jim Henson