[Sca-cooks] Fowl at the Rock

Aurore Gaudin Aurore at hot.rr.com
Wed Jul 3 21:38:07 PDT 2002

    Growing up doing FFA projects.  Mostly poultry.  Some were given names, some were not do to short life span.  Assorted chickens were divide to who could lay eggs and who could not.  Too many to name.  We had 3 ducks, LaOrange, Peking, and Joker.  LaOrange and Peking were keep together.  Joker was a silent laughing duck.  He had a companion white goose that we named Loose (prenouce Lucy) the Goose.  Then the turkeys, nameless except for one that we name Gertrude.  One day she losted her egg tract and survived.  Mom would let her out of the pen and they would go for walks and sit together.  Then November rolled round.  Mom had planned to do the turkey in 3 days b4 Thanksgiving.  It keep getting put off and put off.  Night b4 Thanksgiving, she finally said thank you to the turkey and then loped off the head.  After that cleaning and cooking was easy.  Then at the table, she was thanked again and we dived in.  She was a beautiful golden brown.
    We can raise them, love them and dine with them.  Jeez, I miss my feathered friends.
Aurore
Feeding the ducks and geese at the pond in front of the Rock.  Making a new addition to the Rock.

hahaha..I used to do that sort of thing.  I once had a tasty rabbit that was
named Supper, a fat pet turkey named Christmas, when the twin kids were born
one season I named them BBQ and Stew.
Olwen