[Sca-cooks] Fowl at the Rock

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 3 13:47:16 PDT 2002

hahaha..I used to do that sort of thing.  I once had a tasty rabbit that was
named Supper, a fat pet turkey named Christmas, when the twin kids were born
one season I named them BBQ and Stew.

I lived in a group house for several years with a housemate who worked at
the zoo in the hooved animal section.  Upon being born, the babies would be
'placed' in homes with the staff till they were weaned.  This was to
socialize them, otherwise they would be so quite afraid of people they would
hurt themselves.  Anyway, the baby gazelle's would live at our house.  We
named them stuff like Garbonzo, Chicory, Coffeebean, Sausage, Donut....When
we would go to visit them at the zoo, the little kids (and adults) were
facinated that we would yell out these crazy names and the gazelles would
run over to get a pet!
Olwen