[Sca-cooks] Restaurants in Ashland, was:OOP-vacation restaurants...

Edouard de Bruyerecourt bruyere at mind.net
Wed Jul 3 23:17:10 PDT 2002

> Last time I was in Ashland ('96, visiting my armorer, James Greyhelm),
> there was a neat little brewpub/restaurant down by the river.  I
> remember it as being very good, but don't recall if I heard it survived
> the floods in '98.

It was the old original Rogue Brewery. They opened a second brewery in
Newport and sold the Ashland location. A few months later, the new owner
got flooded out in the New Year's Day flood of '97. It was rebuilt as
the Siskiyou Micobrew Pub, meaning they just serve the stuff, they don't
make it. Also had to survive a electrial fire and a truck knocking part
of the concrete railing of the road above down onto and through the
deck. The theme for opening was Come Hell or High Water.

Edoaurd