[Sca-cooks] Restaurants in Ashland, was:OOP-vacation restaurants...

Edouard de Bruyerecourt bruyere at mind.net
Wed Jul 3 23:21:48 PDT 2002

Laura C. Minnick wrote:

>I don't know- the creek runs right behind... waitaminnt- yes, it's still
>there- it's on the other side of Siskyou from the Plaza- lots of outside
>seating, cool lookin place. IIRC the flood took out a bunch of stuff and
>they were able to rebuild in a way that better suited the business anyway.
>You can sit almost over the creek while you drink your beer. Neat place,
>but I can't remember the name. I'm sure Edouard will when he's home from work.

You're describing Ashland Creek Bar and Grill, which is on the opposite
side from the old Rogue Brewery. It actually survived intact, dispite
it's deck sitting over the creek (most of the flood was a natural damn
diverting the water out of the creek bed, through the park, down both
sides of the Plaza block, and down aptly named Water Street, which is
where the old Rogue is). Ashland Creek Bar and Grill was safely on the
other side of the creek. That's were I was during New Year's Eve,
sitting on the deck, watching the water rise, drinking Guinness.

Edouard