[Sca-cooks] Was browsing thru Borders yesterday

Debra Hense DHense at ifmc.org
Fri Jul 5 08:00:44 PDT 2002

Went browsing thru Borders yesterday.  Looked at the remainder racks and
came across the following two books:

Cooking Food - A common sense guide - $4.99   had color photos of
actual meat cuts of various animals and an associated table of best
cooking methods for that cut of meat.   Also had veggies, fruit, and
herbs.  Not a great deal of variety - just what you would find in most
US grocery stores.  The recipes were sensible.  But, I bought it mainly
for the tables and photos.

Another one was titled Breads (it had a subtitle on it) large
hardcover.  Lots of nice photos of the breads of the world and then a
nice selection of recipes.  It was $5.99.   It was really nice for me -
cuz I don't do a lot of bread baking and have no idea on how to approach
all those nice breads.  Very nice recipes with step by step instructions
for non-experience bread bakers like me.

Just thought I would share.
Kateryn de Develyn