[Sca-cooks] Female Cooks

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Mon Jul 8 05:54:01 PDT 2002

I stopped because I found I was going home and ordering take out instead of
cooking for myself. I preferred to keep cooking fun and social. YMMV ;-0
margali

the quote starts here:
But I would say that the reason why there are more male chefs than
female ones is pretty similar to the reason why there are relatively
few female firefighters. Yes, they can [frequently] do the job, and
put up with the various sexist attitudes (BTW, it is no easier as a
male cook working for a female chef, as far as this goes). But is it
worth it? In addition, the job is, like firefighting, just physically
gruelling, and sometimes (not always, by any means, mind you, just
sometimes) ladies find themselves working in professional kitchens to
prove they can do it, rather than because they enjoy it, and then
cookery can become an expression more of bulldog tenacity than of
love, and that can be a sad thing. (Just as sad as when a man does
this.)

Adamantius, donning the flame-proof undies